Thread: Gymsim
View Single Post
Old
  (#31)
albino (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 30-03-2009, 17:45

I actually met the people behind Gymsim a while ago and know them pretty well now. Its a Family team who operate the core of the business, and you see them all over the world in the yachting hot spots so many crew also know them. They have a pretty loyal bunch of customers like me.

So yeah I guess I am pretty biased as I think they are really great people and I cant say enough good things about them. Its wonderful to give them a call and know you have someone on the other end of the line you can trust, so I am going to give them a bit of a plug )

I remember when they used to be with Callkey, it was a nightmare when Callkey collapsed, but they immediately gave everyone the money back that they had on their Sim cards and then had a team of people walking the docks from Viarregio in Italy to Fort Lauderdale in Florida giving all crew whos Sims had stopped working free +423 Sim cards! I managed to loose my phone in the water near Dubrovnik last year and they found a yacht close by who had a spare Sim and organised a transfer for me! Gymsim Sonia found my girlfriend a Job on a yacht based in Antigua! Not bad.

Yes I am charged 0.09 Euros for incoming calls but I already new that. When I first went with them it used to be 0.15 as it was part of the general 0.15 connection fee. But They reduced it down to 0.09 late last year, they sent out a newsletter about a month ago saying they are looking to remove the incoming fee but not sure when. The newsletter also said that their current website is out of date as they have been building a new one which was supposed to have been launched last week! I guess its delayed a bit ;o)

I was told that the Plan A and Plan B was part of the original system to have a kind of "standard user" and "high volume user", but they said it started complicating things for clients and so stopped it.

Anyway, I like the system, and I like the Gymsim family. I do have some problems with texting but I prefer calling anyway and anytime there are general issues or I need help the guys are usually quick to get back to me.