View Single Post
Old
  (#15)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 08-08-2017, 20:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bylo View Post
The confusion about FUP arises I think because the acronym appears several times before the first use of the phrase itself (in the heading "Abuse and Fair Use Policy.") That makes it difficult for those who aren't familiar with the acronym to figure out what it means until later in the page.
Thanks for your compliments and suggestions. I really appreciate them. I'm checking to replace some "FUPs" in the introduction by other (less technical) terms that mean essentially the same like "limitations". FUP can be mentioned and explained when the text is about the "policy" behind these limits further below.

Good news: Your Austrian A1 SIM will work in Germany at domestic Austrian rates (called roam like at home) (as long as its still alive).
It's easy to check: just go to the Austrian article of the Wiki, select your operator and look for the "EU roaming" section and for A1 it looks good.

You are lucky because it's currently a nightmare to get a prepaid SIM card in Germany registered and activated. I really had to greylist (or graylist) my country as many foreigners and locals alike can't register prepaid SIM cards on major brands like Telekom these days. That's how we fight terrorism here I hope this will change again. I've already did some updates about it here and in the Wiki.

Last edited by wolfbln; 08-08-2017 at 21:02..