Thread: Czech Republic
View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 18-08-2012, 10:31

It turned out that T-Mobile was a complete waste of time. They wanted CZK 200 for a mini-SIM, which they would cut to a micro-SIM, and it included only 50MB of data, not enough to last me for 3 days. I therefore went to O2, who sold me a multi-size SIM (where you can break out a micro-SIM) for CZK 150 including CZK 150 of credit, whereby data cost CZK 75 for 150MB for a week. This was ideal, although I noticed that I received a warning by SMS that I had used 80% of my allowance when my iPhone's data counter showed only 70% and just as I left the Czech Republic, another message telling me that I had used all of the 150MB when my iPhone's data counter showed only 11.6MB+120MB sent+received. O2 seems to be the market leader and download speeds were good all over Prague, at around 3-4Mbps. When the wireless internet went down in my hotel one night, I was delighted to find that iOS tethering was enabled as standard, meaning I could connect my laptop via my iPhone. O2 seems like the obvious choice in the Czech Republic. I can't find out their prepaid SIM expiry policy; does anyone know?