View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-07-2010, 12:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by raywright1 View Post
I'm in Romania now. I've been to 3 vodafone shops. They have each told me that the voice SIM card is not the same as a GPRS data SIM. You can get WAP and Internet on the voice SIM. I paid 4 EUR for the base package, 1000 min in network, 60 min international and/or out of network, and 60 SMS. I added 120 min international and 120 SMS for 7 EUR. I added 250mb Internet/WAP (with proxy) for 3.99 EUR, but cannot get GPRS internet on the SIM card. I'm stuck using a browser on a tiny screen. So I cannot tether or use my email client.
For data service you need to get the "Cartela Internet" SIM card. Most Vodafone Corporate stores will give it to you for free as long as you top it up at the time of purchase. Some stores may ask you to bring your USB modem to check its compatibility.

The Vodafone Live! service available on voice prepaid cards will not work with USB sticks aside from POP3/IMAP/SMTP email.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list