(#4)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 13-12-2006, 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
If you care much about prices, the answer is "yes". Otherwise, any SIM will be OK :P.
Sure I care about prices. I'll take my laptop and will write many E-Mail greetings with pictures attached. Actually I do not care about voice (I'll use TravelSim) but SMS and data are quite important for me. The problem is that using roaming I will spend about 1 Euro per each 100 kb with MegaFon, which is crazy.
10 EUR/MB - well, in such case any Polish SIM will be much better - even Simplus and Sami Swoi is 6.10 PLN/MB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asick
It's still better than roaming but it's not what I'm used to. I'd use SmsBug instead but it does not allow Cyrillic (and any unicode), so it's still a problem for me. Does someone know a similar service that works with Unicode?
If you don't want to write Russian in the Latin alphabet there's a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
OTOH, any MMS incl. international from Plus/Sami Swoi is only 0.40 PLN - strange but true
You mean it's cheaper to send an MMS than an SMS? Anyway, I bet it's impossible to send an MMS from a Polish network to a Russian network (any), so SMS is the only solution.[/quote]
Yes, it's cheaper. There used to be a similar offer in Era Tak Tak - international MMS and MMS in roaming for 0.40 PLN (whereas SMS 0.61 and 1.95, respectively). You're right about sending MMSes from Plus to Russia - it's impossible