View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 22-03-2010, 11:17

I can also confirm that I was not charged for international incoming calls when I was in my area. On my last trip, I received more than 10 hours of incoming international calls, all within my 49 Peso startup credit. When I later went out of my area, this credit quickly disappeared after a mere 15mins of incoming calls!

Having said that, as I was using callback, many of my incoming calls did actually originate from a switch of Betamax/Finarea which may well have been within Mexico. However, I am fairly certain that I was not charged for either international incoming or national incoming within my LADA area.

A quick separate question to RTuesday, or whoever may know this: I have not used my Telcel SIM since around mid Jan 2010. It was bought around the 30th Dec 2009 but apart from the startup credit, it was never topped up. A friend is off to Mexico this week, and wants to use my SIM again. Will it now be completely dead due to inactivity, or can it be topped and reactivated? I could not find the details on validity on the site just yet...