View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-07-2010, 21:58

I don't make use of it - but (1) IF you have a BlackBerry and (2) the person(s) you want to text also have a BB ---text back and forth for free no matter where everyone is in the world Of course you'd need to be in a country that supports BB - which is probably 90% of the world.

As for Google Voice, this is what shows up on their web site:
Google Voice text messaging doesn't support sending and receiving text messages from international numbers at this time. You can only send and receive text messages to phone numbers in the U.S.
I assume that at some time GV will have both fwding of voice calls and SMS to intl. numbers. (You can now call intl. numbers.)

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.