View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
goatherd (Offline)

Default Masmovil 3G - 01-10-2009, 21:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
I often get asked the same questions about sporadic internet useage in Spain by PM. As I was replying to one of these today, I realised it would be more sensible to post the answer in the public forum! In any case, others who are more qualified can refine my explanations, especially when it is about generic stuff like how to reflash a 3G modem etc.

Firstly, the question was asked if once a dongle is configured for use in one country it can be used with another SIM elswhere. My answer was:

Secondly, I had been asked advice on prepaid data plans and on what the catch is with Simyo.
I live in the Alpujarra mountains and have a great problem getting signals. this is just part of a long story but I bought a MasMovil card in the Correos after waiting over 3 weeks for one to arrive that Mas said they had sent!
I cannot speak Spanish yet so it causes some problems, however I was assured by Correos that the card was activated. I paid 10€ which was 10€ credit. So good so far, so I went online and registered the card etc.... It doesn't work, I cannot telephone or send sms, BUT the b******* charged me 50 cents each time I tried to use it to phone my other phone to see if it WAS working, this is on a French mobile number and charged me to phone their customer services, and yet I cannot use the phone!!! I telephoned their helpline..... maybe 10 times over 4/5 days, each time the CS said in English, I cannot speak English but give me your number and someone will call you back..... no-one ever has and now it's ten days later. Their web site does not work, you cannot order a card from there, I tried many times, and was told by their CS via email that they were working on it. Also it has deals on there ending in JULY..... still! A friend telephoned their Spanish CS and was told, the number was working ok, and maybe to take out the sim and re install the sim.... of course this made no difference... so now it is in the waste bin where it belongs!!! I wasted so much time on it.
Companies just don't seem to realise the lifetime value of a customer any more.... I wanted to use their internet 3G... crazy.