View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-06-2008, 13:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post
However, it looks rather bleak -- for a country with lots of holiday visitors, there's no offer that seems like a good one for annual visitors, unlike, say, O2 has in the Czech Republic. In fact, roaming on my German/Polish/British/Italian phones would be cheaper in some circumstances than a native SIM. Yoigo seems to be the best all-rounder, but perhaps there's an MVNO or something that isn't listed yet. Any suggestions?
Tell me about it!! Deals are quite poor in Spain. Yoigo on Tarjeta 2 (with no €6 min spend) is the best for casual visitors by far! Data is still cheap and capped on this, but peak calls (well from 04:00 to 16:00) are expensive. International rates at 30c/min are not too bad, though for longer calls you may consider a different card that gives you cheap calls at the time you want to a Madrid landline number and using a Finarea service. I now have a Spanish Vodafone contract which actually gives me upto 1000 mins for free to a selected number which works out well for me.

You're right though... roaming rates on many foreign Sims often work out cheaper than prepaid rates on many Spanish cards. e.g. When roaming on my UK o2 card I pay 31c/min to call any European landline or mobile which is even better than Yoigos peak rate to Spain on Tarjeta 2.

I will do a bit more research on other products. Anyone tried http://www.happymovil.es yet? Around 5c/min or 6c/min to landlines in USA and Europe. Not too bad!