View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-11-2010, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATHA531 View Post
Check my math on this...I'm thinking of the vodafone plan (and I'm referring here about calls to the USA and Canada where all calls are considered landlines. £10 top up for 60 minutes...sounds fantastic but that means £1 for 6 minutes or between 16p and 17p per minute. The vodafone international plan (as well as the T Mobile International plan) is 5p/minute to North America and nothing up front.......is my math correct and so at least if you're not calling mobile within Europe, you do better without the add on (or have I messed up my math)...Orange camel is 6p/minute to North America.

None of which compares to YCW which is 3p/minute to North America timed to the second BTW.
I don´t think the Math is correct, but will admit I don´t know much about the Vodafone deal. Doesn´t it give you the 60 free mins as a bonus for a 10 quid topup, AND you still have the 10 pounds as credit? Of course that credit could be used to make more calls to the USA and Canada via the 5p/min deal. At the end of the day the combined price per minute is quite good indeed.

I suppose another efficient way of doing so would be to call a a Betamax local access number (at normal UK landline rates). Betamax/Finarea/Dellmont effectively gives you the USA and Canada for free. If you are planning on making long calls to the USA this way, it would be worth adding Vodafone Stop the clock which gives you 1 hours calling to UK landlines but just charges you for 3mins.