View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 19-11-2008, 00:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by money69 View Post
So, my point is, if you get the bonus thinking you can use it for whatever just be careful, it might be the same on Telcel.
Agreed, this is why I wrote "should reduce".

But it's a good point, so I checked. Soon after filling with a 200 peso card I get (60 pesos free):

Saldo del teléfono: $ 211.55
Saldo regalo : $ 59.19
Saldo ideas : 7.00 SMS

The balance enquiry charge (0.81 pesos) gets deducted from the "gift" balance. I then tried a bit of pay-as-you-go data, and it was also deducted from the "gift" balance, so it seems to get used first. When I try out the one-day access soon (I'll also play around with Joiku to get a mobile hotspot) I'll double-check that also deducts from the gift balance first.

Best case then, if that works, if you used an account just for data, and refilled with 500 peso cards (currently +400 pesos bonus), and buy 30 days access at a time via the online portal (where the price is 764 rather than 799) is 14.15 pesos per day - USD 1.08, about $32 a month.

This can change at any time though - for example the "pay per call" tariff is now in blocks of 15 minutes at a time, not 20 minutes like it used to be (in region 1).

When 3G gets here it'll beat my existing fixed-wireless internet connection. Even without 3G it's fine as a backup.