View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 24-03-2010, 10:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRo View Post
Yes, but you know what it's like in Greece. You're presented with a form - all in Greek - with a few words scrawled on it and told to sign it. I thought I'd get ahead of the game - prefill the form, or at least find out what I'm signing.

Somewhere on that form there's a tickbox to deny that consent. There's also an opt-out for inclusion of the number on directories and public databases. I'd like to know in advance where these opt-outs are.
I understand that, since this is a formal/legal document, it must be in Greek

Your safest bet is to ask for an English speaking employee when you visit a Wind store (that you need to do anyway). I guess that in the tourist areas or at the airport, you won't have a problem finding one.

Regarding the use of your personal data for advertising purposes, I'm not sure how Vodafone came up with this but I'm pretty sure that this is not required by the registration law. Could you post the link for that?

Also regarding the inclusion of the number on the phone directories, according to the registration FAQ of Wind: "This choice can change at any moment and is not related to the registration procedure." So even if you don't find an English speaking employee at the store and accidentally opt-in, you can later call their CS to exclude your number from the phone directory.

WIND HELLAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneyed View Post
Does the gint.b-online.gr APN work for iPhones?
Yes, no problem.

edit to add: It seems to be a war of offers for prepaid data currently. Q-telecom (a subsidiary of Wind) just announced 100MB for 1€ (max 4 times a month), Wind reduces the price of their Wind Plus from 6.76€/MB to 0.5€/MB and Vodafone announced the "Vodafone On Demand", similar to Wind ADSM. I'll update the info on the sticky thread accordingly.

Last edited by Evan; 24-03-2010 at 10:43..