Old
  (#19)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-04-2010, 05:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
Wasn't it easier to read here?

Buy an unlocked usb dongle on eBay and use it with any carrier. BTW dongles by TIM, Vodafone and Wind are unlocked on prepaid. The cheap one you linked is for postpaid.
The TIM dongles you linked are fine, but the 99€ one is no sense if you stay here less than 1 year and in any case the data offer is terrible.
They have good offers at Wind:
Wind - Shop
eBay looks to have about the same prices for the Huawei models that Wind are offering.

But those Wind models, such as the Huawei E1750 for 59 Euro include a SIM with 10 Euro? Is this unlocked model so I could use another carrier's SIM in the future or use in another country with a local SIM there?

Do WIND stores carry these modems or is it only online ordering? In particular, I'll be visiting small resort towns in Liguria and Lake Como. I may have to go to a nearby bigger town to find a Wind store so I wonder if they will have inventory.

I'll still try to get one on eBay but there are a lot of no-name products (not that Huawei is a big name but at least the Italian carriers resell that brand) there and it's not clear they're reliable.