View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 03-01-2012, 01:25

I think it is a great idea. I would adapt my suggestions/packages a bit for each city. For example, Central London has the Cloud mesh network and BT has most of its pay phone booths turned into mobile wifi spots. Offering a bundle based on that might make sense. In Paris (or other French city) access to the Free network wold pull this off.

If you have boots on the grounds in the various cities, consider putting together a coupon pack that might be tourist friendly and include that. You could might be able to get yourself a fee based revenue stream coming from the merchants as well. This could also help you crack the wifi nut in countries like Germany which is a little harder to find free wifi in. "Free wifi with the purchase of xxxx" might be an easy thing to get out of some merchants.

Who is your target audience tourists or business people? What about coming up with some sort of life line service in a city. Rather than figuring out how to staff it, figure out how to incentivize it/monetize with local partners.