View Single Post
Old
  (#15)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-11-2010, 22:11

That ten quid is still useful for the SMS you will need to send every six months from the US to keep the SIM alive. (Or if someone calls you and you answer and talk for 10 minutes. Etc.)

If you've got an awesome number, when you're in the UK you can always ask Orange for the PAC code and transfer it to another network with better prices. My number isn't awesome at all, but I've had it for nine years and all my UK friends and family know it, and so I'll be taking it with me to someone other than Virgin next time I'm there - unless, of course, Virgin also introduces cheap international calling in the next two months, which is the main reason I'm unhappy with them.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell