View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
cameronjpu (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 15-04-2014, 15:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkeeper View Post
Hi I would suggest your best option would be to have your friend in Brazil buy you a local Sim card, preferably on the Vivo network. It is very difficult or near impossible to buy local cards without a tax number, alternatively look at international roaming cards. Piranha Mobile probably have the best roaming rates of all the international cards, but my first choice would have to be local, if you have access. Good luck and enjoy.
Everything I have read says that in the last 2 years they have made it much easier, to the point where it's easy, to buy a local SIM without a tax number.

Vivo seems to give you only 15mb per day, which is going to leave me unhappy guaranteed. I figure I will probably buy more than 1 SIM card from different providers, given the wide area I'll be covering (Manaus, Recife, Rio, Sao Paulo). Thanks!

From what I can see this is a good plan on Claro: Pacote modem 1 dia - 1 day package: 1,99R$ with 80mb (caps the speed to 64kbps when reaches the limit). But it's for modems. Will I be able to activate that in an iPhone? I dont care if I can't make phone calls.

Also, Oi Movil has "R$1,89 - Daily package with 50mb quota. After, the speed caps to 50kbps. To subscribe, go to a service attendment center."

That's not terrible...

Last edited by cameronjpu; 15-04-2014 at 15:47..