View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 07-04-2016, 18:57

Unfortunately, it hasn't proven as correct. Vodafone had some "communication issues". Summing up all tariffs/plans for EU roaming are between roughly 6ct/MB and 24ct/MB. All providers try to push the rate up to the legal limit (some may even go beyond).

What is missing is a roam like home plan possibly for a surcharge. A package with the usual allowances that you use at home (may be for a reasonable surcharge) to be used abroad. That's what customers expect. Now, the heavily advertised reduction of roaming fees will not prevent shock bills (500 MB can still be sold for 115€), nor does it offer any new choices for regular users. Only some light users will benefit, if they happen to be on the right plan.

In a few days I will start a new thread here. I'm still hoping that some EU providers will eventually coming up with new, improved packages. Some EU packs simply don't make sense anymore. They are now more expensive than the default per-MB rate. So from end of April let us collect offers of EU roaming packages from EU operators that users can take abroad to other EU countries. I cannot believe that there will be no better ones than before. The best offers will be published on the prepaid data WIKI. Having said this, you still can't avoid buying a local SIM in your destination country, if you want to use >300 MB at a reasonable rate.

Last edited by wolfbln; 07-04-2016 at 19:06..