View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
mscan (Offline)

Default Update after 1 week in Italy - 07-05-2011, 23:02

So I've been in Nervi and had mixed results so far with the wind mega unlimited. First off- the tethering and skype worked perfectly. I use my phone as a modem and get internet all throughout my apartment which makes it very convenient. The problem I keep having however is the service drops randomly. At first it was every 5 minutes but I found if I put the phone next to a window it would be a little better. A few days ago I put in a DNS address I found online for wind and it seems to help the connection. I have now had a few video calls back home that were fine, although there are still times that the whole connection drops. I'm still trying to fix that annoying issue but besides that I'm happy with the service (decent 3g speeds when I am connected).

I still am unable to find a way to check my data usage with this plan. I know I have 10 gigs for 1 month but not sure where I am at right now. I tried calling 4242 and also *123# but I only get the amount of money I put on my account for phone service.

Also so people are aware- I had problems at the first wind store I went to. After explaining that I wanted the mega unlimited service he started signing me up and copied my passport. After some minutes on the phone with someone he came back and said I wasn't able to get the service since I needed to have an Italian citizen card. I had never heard of this before. I went to another Wind store and had no problem signing up. Not sure what was going on with that first store.