View Single Post
Old
  (#360)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 17-11-2013, 17:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErWeeBee View Post
1: As far as I've understood it should be possible then to use Data automatically in all three countries after having applied for that once and as long as the card is topped up sufficiently. Or is it still more complicated than that?
Yes, though the automatic IMSI switching may not work depending on your handset. Also you will probably need to manually configure an access point profile once for each country.

Quote:
2: Are the reasons to prefer the UK SIM over the Dutch one still valid? If I buy the UK one, I have to pay an additional fee for the Dutch IMSI. Would you say that the advantages of the UK SIM outweigh this?
Yes, although voice rates of the British SIM are ~20% higher due to the same nominal rates being charged in Euro and Pound Sterling respectively, the Dutch connection fee of € 0.09 per call should quickly eat up the 20% difference as statistically mobile calls last less than 2 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwi View Post
An unrelated question - anyone know a way to top up less that £20?
Yes, there's a guy selling £5 top up codes through Facebook and email:
https://www.facebook.com/ToggleMobileUK
and his email is toggle@hp-vn.com

Although email as a sales channel isn't necessarily inspiring confidence, I have recently successfully tried to purchase two £5 vouchers which I received 15 minutes after my PayPal payment. Also I was able to redeem them by dialing *131*12-digit voucher code#.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com