View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-12-2005, 01:15

Stan -
You ARE Correct. Shouldn't have tried an analyis so early after getting up. As long as CBW has the low rates, that is the way to go.

I didn't use Riiing much because of the lack of a working VM. However, I did use prepaid a couple times in conjunction w. my T-M US phone with the old low incoming rates. I did give my Riiing SIM to a relative who made good use of it.

I, also, use onesuite.com (along w. www.tel3advantage.com). I stopped using click4prepaid.com for intl. calling only because their rates were higher to Costa Rica where i was calling a lot.
I need a service like Kall8 that will forward calls to my cel phone. As far as I know, Onesuite is only a dial-around LD service and doesn't offer call forwarding numbers like Kall8. If I lived where you do where, i gather, the local phone company offers call forwarding to intl. numbers, i would use that instead in conjunction w. a low cost LD carrier. Our LD carrier, IDT still charges only 9? to +423 numbers.
I assume Verizon is you local carrier as it is in D.C. Have you made use of their intl. CF option? Wouldn't that work for you? My call volume doesn't warrant a monthly Verizon line solely for the purpose of forwarding overseas. SBC/PacBell doesn't allow intl. CF.

How do you route incoming calls to Riiing or do you just use it for outgoing? It would seem to be more convenient to use a prepay and pay someone like Kall8 to forward to that number at around 30?/min. I gather Enlinea is an option, for the time being, to forward to Riiing -but for how long?

For those using callback to OTHER than Riiing, www.callback.click4.com is quite a bit cheaper than CBW. This is especially true on longer calls because you need to factor in the SMS charge (if using a cel).

CBW l
Land - Cel
Peru 30.7 - 44.5
UK 8.2 - 40.4
Australia 8.9 - 41.5
Costa Rica 21.6 - 26.4

Click 4
Peru 7 -32
UK 6-32
Australia 6.5 - 25
C. Rica 12.5 - 13

(You can't get prepay in C. Rica. Have to know someone who already has a C.R. cel phone to borrow. Think they can be rented as well.)

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.