View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
squawk1200 (Offline)
Official Member

Default Telnamobile in Bermuda - 21-10-2013, 21:45

Spent the last week in Bermuda and I have to say that Telna worked flawlessly for both voice and data... I compared their rates to the local Digicel and CellOne carriers prepaid rates. For calling the US, Telna had better rates. Of course it's hard to beat the local operators for local calling and data, but calling local is a rare occurrence for me outside the US...

I was happy to see Telna work flawlessly as I have had hit and miss experiences with them in the past. Specifically in callback markets. Bermuda is a direct dial market so maybe that helped... I've also noticed that the handset hardware has a lot to do with your service experience. Had three phones with me and had different results with all 3. One would find service but tell me there was a network error each time I tried to call out... Used a Motorola Photon 4G Android device and it worked fine for both voice and data... Data speeds were screaming on the island, so kudos to the underlying carrier... Don't see data speeds like that when I'm home...