View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default best prepaid SIM for european data roaming - 01-12-2009, 09:00

Dear friends,

I have ordered one of those shiny new dual sim china mobile's with qwerty keyboard and wifi. It's one of the new generation including Java, which makes it possible to run GMail, opera mobile, fring and many more useful apps including mopress (wordpress j2me client). Amigo - WiFi Quad Band Dual-SIM Cellphone with QWERTY Keyboard

For line one I have my austrian orange contract SIM with monthly 100 free minutes of incoming calls. The downside is the extremly high roaming cost with orange.at per mb and the bad 100kb steps.

I am looking for a prepaid SIM with cheap european data-roaming as the second SIM card. Unfortunately, the china-mobile does not recognise the 3.at USIM as a valid SIM-Card which would fix my data-roaming problem.

Beside that, I own an old Aldi Talk (medion mobile, e-plus MVNO) prepaid SIM from Germany. The website says, 0.19 Euro's for each 100 kb of roaming-data within the european countries. This seems to be a quite fair price. I know that T-Mobile UK offers a price of GBP 1.50 per MB, but doesn't mention in which steps they will charge that MB.

ANY TIPS OF AN EVEN CHEAPER PREPAID SIMCARD FOR DATA-ROAMING?

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile