View Single Post
Old
  (#13)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 19-06-2006, 20:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimon
BASICALLY, UM #s are hard to reach -- one German reseller is in the process of migrating customers from UM to someone else
I think that buying UM (or other SIMs of that kind, available from European dealers) is not any harder that buying any "Internet-based" national SIM.

Quote:
-- NO Germany #s available from any of these --
As well as no French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Dutch, Russian, Ukrainian, nor from over other 200 countries/territories....

Quote:
calls to IS, IOM, FL, ES from mobiles are exhorbitant
In fact this just means nothing more that international rates from German mobiles to call also [u]regular[/q] mobile phones in those countries are exorbitant. These are not countries in the middle of nowhere but European countries (and FL is almost a neighbour of Germany). Moreover, Estonia is in EU, IoM (from "the telecommunication point of view") too, and FL and Iceland belongs (with Norway) to "wider EU" i.e. European Economic Area. My point is that there's not only a problem of roaming rates but also a problem of international rates. National regulators and Ms Reding - please wake up! :umm:

Quote:
and with 09 he can't even find the rates and the site is not confidence-inspiring.
There are rates on 09.is but I agree as to the order form page.

Quote:
When and if the roaming discounters have a guaranteed source of procuring capacity from the national providers thru proper regulatory means, only then will we see sharply falling prices and only then will there be attractive and usable offers for German consumers.
Does this simply mean: German (and I think not only German :P) consumers are so lazy that they prefer to overpay than to change their habits...