Old
  (#2)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 22-01-2009, 21:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam917 View Post
I would like to know from other users on here who use them: what are the advantages of an international SIM besides maximum coverage & one number?
Well, you have the answer inside your question
Quote:
I also notice these SIMs often get the discount rates only in a handful of countries in Europe, ditto anywhere else - your only solution would be a local SIM in that country.
That's partially true... Travelsim, for examples, has some countries in Africa and East Europe (Russia).

Quote:
Considering we can find out who supplies the int'l SIM companies the service, would it make sense to check out the offers direct from the operator in question? (Like O2 UK, the operator that Mobal uses.)
It's not so cheap... italian operators want 3/6 € for minute in Africa and Asia. Do you think that they have the "right" price?

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG