Old
  (#6)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 25-01-2006, 16:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
but the question is - what do you say to your friends on 3?
The question should be "what do your friends on 3 say about you?" They think I'm crazy, a "Cassandra" who is always pessimist for the future about tlc in Italy... and they collect hundreds (when not thousands) of euros on their prepaid simcards. I think there is now some sort of inflation of the "mobile euro" for prepaid cards, due to these autorecharging tariffs. And now 3 asks 33 cent/min to call the customer service, their portal is very expensive, they seldom answer to e-mails and they keep on offering sim-locked phones (locked to the single simcard, and to the operator) at rather cheap prices, asking for a mobile number portability from TIM or Vodafone. Unlocking a phone with 3 costs 200 euros after 13 months... their operator-locked phones are more expensive than the sim-free ones from TIM, and other nonsense things happen around the world of 3 in Italy...
And they will be quoted at the stock exchange very soon, so I'm really curious to see what will happen next... some people say they could merge with Wind (Sawiris bought first Wind, and now some % of Hutchison), I really hope not.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim