View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-03-2007, 03:09

Re: Calling a +423 mobile.

Our landline LD carrier is: IDT. (idt.net).
From their web site: Liechtenstein 423 9¢ 9¢

They make no distinction between landline and cellular! 18 months ago when I had a UM card, I made a test call and was billed that amount (or maybe it was even a cent more at the time).
Wouldn't do me any good because, unlike Verizon, PacBell doesn't allow forwarding to intl. numbers.
Voicestick would charge 36 cents. Kall8 92 cents!!. Others in the past, here, said ATT LD only charges 10 cents. CBW - 14. Onesuite 25.

So, I picked 30 cents.

As for Estonia - CBW is 22, Voicestick and IDT, 23. However, Kall8 is 52. My usual dial around carrier, Onesuite, is 40.

IOM was a last minute addition. Rates I found for calling a UK mobile are:
Voicestick-16, IDT-40!, Onesuite-18, CBW-40. I should look up the rates for the other, major U.S. LD carrier-MCI?

Now that I look at all this - none of the pricing makes any sense!!! My main objective was to make sure people took all factors into consideration. Eg. UM is the only one to charge a "connection fee" on outgoing.
AND the main point is: Free Incoming is far from free. The cost simply shows up on a different bill.
"Foreigners" try to tell us 'muricans that we are at a disadvantage because their incoming is free. They neglect to factor in the 12 to over 20 cent per min. cost that shows up on their landline bill. Here, for $50, I can buy 3000 min. anytime airtime for less than 2 cents/min. It is FREE for the caller to call me.

I am open to suggestions as to what figure should be shown for the "average" user - not the cheap (frugal?) people here.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.