View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-04-2015, 21:17

You have to have in mind, that FREE doesn't sell prepaid cards. All what they sell, is (rolling) contracts, in French called FORFAIT.

A forfait is a hybrid between pre- and postpaid. On the prepaid wiki, we also get conflicting reports of the cards that FREE accepts. On the machine is a sticker showing CB for Carte Bancaire of the French credit card system and Mastercard and VISA.

So it can be both ways. I'm a bit sceptical because you actually sign a contract on this machine. On the other side I got a report of an American guy, who wanted to know how he is to cancel his contract, because FREE keeps on charging his CC long after he has returned home. He simply thought, he comes away with it but Mastercard refused to reimburse him because FREE had a legal claim.

We need the simple info, whether this machine accepts foreign cards - especially after Joe has died. If they really do, will you please be warned, that you make a contract with FREE which you need to cancel later.

When I look on forums on the net, I don't see any info whether FREE actually declines out-of-France credit cards, only prepaid CCs like Visa Electron and Mastercard Maestro are no more accepted. This form on the pic looks like it acceps any Visa or Master: http://www.universfreebox.com/articl...plus-acceptees

Last edited by wolfbln; 03-04-2015 at 21:34..