View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
greygooser (Offline)

Default Prepaid Data Roaming in Europe - 07-08-2012, 02:36

Hello all-
I'm heading to several countries in Europe, I am hoping to find the "right" data SIM for my needs. I will use it for "out and about" data, such as maps, some google searches, and the occasional facebook check-in. I will have wifi at each place I stay, so the heavy downloads can happen there. I really have no need for calling/SMS. Here's where I'm going:

Tallinn, Estonia
Riga, Latvia
Warsaw, Poland
Budapest, Hungary
Bucharest, Romania
Thessaloniki, Greece
Athens, Greece

I'll be in each place for 2-3 nights. I'd like to have a SIM that I can receive here in the USA before I leave. I'd prefer not to have to switch to a different SIM during the trip.
Given this, I've narrowed down my options to 2: the Telestial Passport Lite, which has just a $4.50 upfront cost from Amazon, but the downside is I'd be forced to get a new SIM when I arrive in Greece, as the rates skyrocket from that of other countries I'm travelling to.

The other option that I've considered is Roamline. A higher upfront cost, but they seem to be well regarded on this site and provide a low rate throughout my trip.

I'm hoping to get some feedback, maybe with an option I am unaware of. Any advice, thoughts or opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Edit to add device: Factory unlocked iPhone 4S. Microsim would be preferred, but I can cut it if necessary.