View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-12-2005, 20:08

http://callback.click4.com/

I have used the above company for a few years for some of my intl. calling from the U.S.
They now have (maybe always did but never noticed) a callback service. Unlike other CB services, the callback is triggered by the sending of an SMS, not by a call. Their rates are a LOT cheaper than CBW. (You can also trigger a call via email fm. a computer.)
One advantage to some here who use Riiing, it would avoid the problem some in earlier threads reported w. the phone ringing too soon. Since their rates a much less than CBW, the approx. 55?US cost of an SMS would be made up in a few minutes.

The main advantage would be to those who use prepaids in some countries.
It will be of great use to me in many countries. I am on an old T-Mobile plan where incoming costs 30?. Outgoing can cost me up to $1/min. or more. I would be able to make calls back to the states for 30 + 7 = 37?. I think i pay 35? for an SMS from overseas.

One advantage of this service is that you don't have to predetermine the number to be called back. The SMS goes to
"youraccountnumber@click4callback.com"
the subject is: "callme01144123456" [the number to be called.] Thus you can change that number just by changing the SMS you send.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.