View Single Post
Old
  (#478)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-09-2014, 23:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNeedsToKnow View Post
I also had my voicemail de-activated, and call diverts (which I cannot change) from my number also point to +447404000231.

Maybe you should check if you also get the "this number is not assigned"-announcement!?
I get the same result by calling +447404000231 directly or calling my Toggle number and waiting for 25 seconds until the call is diverted. Which one that is, depends on the network/operator from which I call. On some there is a message that you describe. On others about 2 seconds silence, then the call is simply ended without any announcement or explanation on the display. On other networks the phone stops ringing and starts ringing again after few seconds (no ringing here in the case of direct dialing the voicemail).

What is even more annoying is, that those that call me see the same behavior when my phone is busy. Instead of busy tone they either hear an announcement about the not assigned number or the call is simply ended without any explanation.

Strangely though this is not the case when the phone is out of coverage. Although the divert number is the same for that case, the announcement for the phone not being available is played and an SMS sent as soon as the phone registers to the network again.