View Single Post
Old
  (#278)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-09-2013, 04:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogduck View Post
Hi, I had a read through one of the lengthy posts previously about the roaming indicator and wasn't sure if it answered my issue or not so I figured I might as well ask again.

Currently I have a toggle sim in Australia, using a registered local toggle number for Australia. I am calling and receiving calls alright on both the UK and Australian numbers but it has the Roaming indicator on my reception bars. For data, do I need to turn on data roaming to get the toggle rates or does it need to show a local 2G/3G/H symbol to get the toggle rates?

The phone is an android phone HTC Desire HD running on 2.3.7 gingerbread if that helps.

Thanks!

edit: I have manually set the IMSI to Australia and also have manually entered the APN for toggle at data.lycamobile.co.uk

edit 2: also while I'm here, when roaming (specifically in singapore), the website says incoming calls are free. Is this true? Because on my other sim it charges about 60c/min to receive a call when roaming globally.
Yes, as HappyCamp said if the IMSI is set to the local number you are charged at the local rates.

The roaming indicator will always be on, this is normal. And yes, you need to turn on data roaming on your phone, data won't work otherwise as you are always roaming when outside of the UK (even if you are getting the local rates).