View Single Post
Old
  (#23)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 14-04-2007, 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Of course those of us in the USA would use our regular phone - and, supposedly it is illegal for us to go to Cuba. Travelers have to go hours out of the way via Mexico (or Canada), even though Cuba is only about 150km away! Cingular and T-Mobile, for that reason, don't allow their customers to roam there.
Yes, I realise that. But the "thread starter", Teothx is from Italy and is interested in the entire world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Many of us forward all incoming calls to our cell when we are away from home or office. We don't want people to have to dial an intl. number. Most friends, clients etc. won't do that. The rates charged for intl. calls vary quite a bit. One problem is that a majority local landline companies don't allow you to forward to intl. numbers. I now use VoiceStick to do that. That is one reason Yackie and CelTrek are interesting to U.S. customers.
Yes, again I know about that - it has been mentioned by US forumers here. After all, I agree that being accessible under one national number worldwide is one the main ideas (and advantages) of international roaming - the "only" issue is the price for that "pleasure" . But again, the thread was started by a European who may think different (but I don't claim I know what he really thinks ).
Somehow OT - if the Americans don't like int' calls so much, how do they avoid calling to Canada or Carribean/Pacific nations which also use +1 NANP numbering??? Does anybody know "at a glance" that the given 3-digit area code is from USA or not???