View Single Post
Old
  (#17)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 22-01-2006, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asick
Oh, what a crazy idea! The next step would be a phone permanently locked to a single BTS.? I'm really obsessed with the level of marasmus there. Luckily, they could understand it and started a sort of strange but still generally normal GSM operator.
Crazy? I heard that in USA there are such GSM phones, with "permament" SIMs...Could anyway confirm/deny?

As to locking to the BTS - in Poland there are two landline operators which use wireless technology with landline numbering. These are: Sferia (CDMA) in Warsaw, and Polish Telecom (NMT) on rural areas. Because phones connected in those networks are considered "fixed", their users are told that they can't go outside coverage of their "native" towers. But the reality is different - they usually work in the entire service area. But if they didn't, nobody could complain after all they "fixed" networks only...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asick
Effendi, you get the point!? I wish you were able to understand his speeches, so you'd laugh much more.? :P
What language does he speak? I heard him "in original" a few times and had impression that it wasn't Russian I had learnt at school :unsure: