View Single Post
Old
  (#17)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 31-10-2009, 10:11

Roadrunner, for the us number and the connections fee, you can easlily just setup your own us number and forward this to the +44 number. This is the cheapest solution. I am using this now with one of the betamax brands and they only charge 5-6 eurocents per minute to forward this.

This is cheaper that using the +1 number that comes with any of these cards.

Quote:
Bottom line – buy e-kit and you are doing the mistake of your life. You get it cheap to begin with, but you ended up paying more, much more, much, much more.
Who are you to tell us that we are ending up paying much much more without knowing the usage of an individual users and they countries they are using the card in.

Free incoming calls in over 65 countries it is stated on the main page.

When checking rates for different EU countries, NL, DE, BE, FR it says +44 atlas incoming call cost around $ 0.10 yes there is a list that gives the countries with free receiption but these are not main EU countries there are some others ones like russia that is free. So depending on your travel plans some countries are offered free that ekit does not offer for free.
This means if you visit Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherland, Belgium you pay for incoming call and this can be much more expensive that using ekit. That said for other countries ekit might be more expensive.

So roadrunner your statement that using ekit means paying much more is false it depends on individual use.

This does bring me back to the following problem on the website:

In the FAQ it states:

Quote:
How long will my service last?
When you purchase Atlas +44 from SimCardGlobal.com it is good for one year. Toward the end of your service you will be reminded to renew your service for another year. The reminder will be sent to you by the type of communication you chose, SMS or E-mail. The cost for renewing the service for additional year is $21.
Quote:
How long does my credit last?
Your credit last as long as your card is active. If your card expired, your credits expired as well.
Above statements can although not be found anywhere in the terms on the website and the on the frontpage it says:

Quote:
Main features:
Your unused airtime never expires
So which one is the right one the faq or the mainpage ?
Never expires and expires untill the card is active and having to pay to keep it active the complete opposite.