View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
gkeeper (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-04-2014, 16:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronjpu View Post
Everything I have read says that in the last 2 years they have made it much easier, to the point where it's easy, to buy a local SIM without a tax number.

Vivo seems to give you only 15mb per day, which is going to leave me unhappy guaranteed. I figure I will probably buy more than 1 SIM card from different providers, given the wide area I'll be covering (Manaus, Recife, Rio, Sao Paulo). Thanks!

From what I can see this is a good plan on Claro: Pacote modem 1 dia - 1 day package: 1,99R$ with 80mb (caps the speed to 64kbps when reaches the limit). But it's for modems. Will I be able to activate that in an iPhone? I dont care if I can't make phone calls.

Also, Oi Movil has "R$1,89 - Daily package with 50mb quota. After, the speed caps to 50kbps. To subscribe, go to a service attendment center."

That's not terrible...
It has been a couple of years since my last visit, so the law may have changed for the better, i would still advise that you take a spare, just in case, good luck i hope it all works out for you. please post update on your return.