View Single Post
Old
  (#30)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 14-09-2010, 12:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
And to rub more salt into the wounds of "foreigners" - all U.S. carriers offer unlimited voice for $100 (much less on T-Mobile, Sprint, and some small carriers).
I'm not sure those wounds need treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Seems to me, IF someone is going to be in one country like yours, and can get unlimited data for 30 Euros - that wold be the way to do - IF you didn't have to sign up for a long term plan.
On prepaid here, you can get unlimited calls texts and internet for £30 a month. Some customers on that network do even better than that.

with fewer minutes, there are some even dafter offers, either prepaid or one-month contract, such as 150 minutes, unlimited texts and internet, £10 a month prepaid, or 100 minutes, 100 texts, 100 MB, £5 on a one month notice contract

the cheapest prepaid data for phone use here will have been free for a year by December this year, 100 megabytes a day fair use, just a £10 starter credit needed - ok, it's a promotion, and was extended, but there all the same

so, yes, a global SIM might not be needed here for someone coming only to here, but I'd still use it for free incoming calls in Europe (and elsewhere if I go), though outgoing calls on it might be watered down by using a local SIM or VoIP and wi-fi

Last edited by andy; 14-09-2010 at 13:09..