View Single Post
Old
  (#43)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-03-2016, 00:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraus88 View Post
I still don't see a reason why I should activate the plan ROAM LIKE HOME. If they charge 10 UAH for 500 MB. in all ROAM LIKE HOME countries. I assume this will remain, only the RED S,M, and L plans will now be only 7 days for roaming, correct?
They haven't published the new rates yet. For understanding the CURRENT rates, check http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Euro0

There are still good reasons to activate the "roam like home" monthly option if using it for more than 2 or 3 days. The other rate (with "roam like home" disabled) is referred to a day and comes with a daily UAH 30 service fee for roaming and their standard data rate (UAH 10/ 500 MB) is charged by day too.

If you use for example 2 GB in a month of "permanent roaming" without the "roam like home", you'll pay UAH 30 for the domestic S pack plus 30 x 30 UAH daily fee plus 30 x 10 UAH for up to 500 MB per day. That's in total UAH 1230 or 40€ and really not worth it. Of course, it's a totally different story, when you use 500 MB per day, that's 15 GB in a month as the total price remains the same.

On the current "roam like home" monthly option our 2 GB per month is UAH 30 for the domestic pack, UAH 90 for the roaming add-on and UAH 30 for overuse = UAH 150 or 5€.

So the calculation is very different depending on usage and time. We'll have to wait and see, if they simply change the monthly option to a weekly or if they change rates too.

Assuming they'd just take the current monthly add-on of UAH 90 and make it to a weekly add-on of UAH 90, our example of 2 GB in a month will be (30 + 4.3x90) around UAH 420 or 14€. This is still good for roaming, but not for permanent use as a "domestic solution".

Last edited by wolfbln; 23-03-2016 at 00:29..