View Single Post
Old
  (#18)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 23-10-2012, 22:05

No hassle whatsoever. I went into the store, got a ticket from the machine, had to wait no more than ten minutes before an agent became available.

Can't say for sure if there's a delay in activation. I got the SIM card around lunch time and only got to use it in the evening when I got back to my hotel room.

I also have no clue whether it is 'truly unlimited'. My usage was about 500MB the first day, 2.5GB the second one and about 1GB the third (kids and youtube - duh). No warning texts were received nor did we notice any slowdown during this time.

I'm not sure if this is common practice, but the shop registered my details with SFR thus eliminating the need to mail out the registration form.

Word of warning: make sure you have a micro to mini SIM adapter as they only had iPad packs available for sale.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list