View Single Post
Old
  (#49)
Asick (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 13-05-2006, 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
If I think correctly, it might the first time you received a free mobile incoming call in your home city (CPP in Russia not working yet?) . Or, any of your Russian sims already has free incoming calls under some conditions (on-net calls or so)?
Surely, it's not the first free mobile incoming call that I received here. Incoming calls from local mobiles (from any cellular operator of your home city) are free on Russian mobiles for a few years, but it's not the regulation, it's just the common practice. Also, you could subscribe to free incoming calls (any) choosing another (more expensive) tariff and so on. CPP is not officially working yet, it's a sort of NP (nobody pays ) now. For example, MegaFon St.Petersburg declared that incoming calls are free on every modern tariff since May till 30th of June (positioning it as a sort of great offer, while they will just have to keep this 'offer' since July accordingly to the new law), while calls from local landlines to MegaFon cell phones are still free too. Nobody pays, isn't it cool? I was expecting network busy problems etc., but there's nothing like this. Quite surprising.

MegaFon RU * MTS RU * Tele2 RU * BeeLine UA * TIM IT * Globul BG * Etisalat EG * TravelSIM * T-Mobile MNE * iPlus PL * TIM GR * Telsim TR