View Single Post
Old
  (#199)
ChrisNeedsToKnow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-06-2013, 22:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwi View Post
...if I set up a forward with my Asterisk it would not carry the CID information...
That´s possible, I do just that.

Go to Betamax´s application (cannot be done through the website), tools --> options. Here you set "forward" "always" to the desired mobile#.

Now have Asterisk redirect calls to username@sip.provider.com

Result: CID is passed through

On another note, actually a question: Why doesn´t Toggle allow porting numbers from multiple countries onto one SIM? As far as I understand any given mobile# is associated to an IMSI. As such this should, in principle, be possible. What´s the holdup here?

Next thing that leaves me wondering big time: Why do they "threaten" to disconnect SIMs which haven´t been used for (only) 3 months? Wouldn´t it be more customer-friendly AND more business-oriented to charge a non-usage fee, as long as there´s credit (which might even get topped up through auto-recharge)?

My last wish, Data packages for each/all IMSIs seems to be in the making

However, without MNP and the fear of disconnection, I find the offer far from professional. As such I´ll keep using this as a supplementary "nice to have" gadget, rather than turning this into my one-and-only main card.

Last edited by ChrisNeedsToKnow; 20-06-2013 at 22:57..