View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
ggking7 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 05-02-2008, 02:28

You're right. Reading the auction more carefully:

"YOU WILL RECEIVE 2SIMCARDS"

"Sim Card expires June 10, 2008 if no refill is made only the minutes expire second week of March if no refill is made"

So the 300 minutes are only good for a little over a month from now. I suppose $16 (including shipping) for 300 minutes that will last a month is still a good deal. If you used them all in that time it would be $0.053/minute.

Another option is to refill each card in the amount of $10 which would extend them both by 90 days. That would be 360 minutes for up to 4 months for a total of $36 which comes to $0.10/minute.

On the other end would be refilling both for $100 each which would extend them both by 1 year. That would be 2600 minutes for up to 13 months for a total of $216 which comes to $0.083/minute.

This is all better than paying Sprint at least $50 month for 300 minutes that don't roll over which comes to $0.167/minute.

I can't think of any problem with this except for the possibility of a bunch of random people calling me on a previously activated number. Can I set a phone to block all calls except from my Grand Central forwarding number I wonder?