View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default We'll be using Truphone in Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam - 17-02-2012, 19:16

Last time we used it was 11 months ago. Thought they would have cut us off - for non-use. Phone still active w. some credit on it. Added some $.
Rates for incoming are 51 cents/min. in all 3 countries. Won't use it for outgoing, if we can help it. Outgoing is 1.25 in Vietnam, 1.66 Cambodia 2.50 Laos.
T-Mobile charges $6/min to roam in Vietnam.
For most phone stuff we'll use T-Mobiles free calling (UMA) over wifi feature calling back home as we usually do.
I like Truphone's feature of sending all VM to your email in a .wav file so you can avoid the cost of calling VM to pick messages.

I don't see much mention, lately, of Truphone.

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.