View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
thundros (Offline)

Default 06-07-2007, 06:28

To PhotoJim:
I actually came across O2 UK (during another search) and saw it roams in Canada even on prepaid. Was thinking of maybe getting it and adding on the European roaming add-on for cheaper calls, but I would like to have free incoming calls (with some outgoing calls mainly to Canada; maybe Croatia, Italy and the UK, but I usually send texts to those destinations). Also I believe that O2 no longer exists in Holland but has become Telfort.

To Motel75:
Good to know Vodafone Netherlands prepaid can roam in Canada, for the sake of recharging my phone (not to actually use it for calls when I'm home ).

To Stu:
English should not be an issue in the Netherlands, but always nice to know that there is official customer service in English. Besides, my main reason is to keep my dutch number by recharging from Canada (since I don't always travel at the same times during the year, so always a risk to go over either the 6 to 12 month limits the different providers have).

By the looks of it, Vodafone Netherlands seems to be ahead for a dutch prepaid SIM that I can recharge from Canada (thanks to roaming) with vouchers I'll get in NL, unless there are other suggestions for a prepaid dutch SIM.

I think there should be a shop at Schiphol airport which sells them (can't remember exactly where).