View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
saren (Offline)
Official Member

Default 10-03-2008, 16:11

ok thanks for all that

I should mention i don't really need people to call me from the places i have already visited (ie. USA, Spain). I don't plan to revisit those countries in the next decade, so let's forget about them. Also, receiving calls aren't all that important to me, neither is SMS.

What's important to me is making outgoing calls to mobiles in each respective country I visit.

For example, I'm going to spend 2 months in UK (I will be calling UK mobiles, and that's about it - therefore outgoing calls to mobiles are the seller for me.

I am looking for the cheapest outgoing rates/minute to mobiles in the uk, and then keep those rates going to the next 10 or so european countries i plan to visit (i.e. norway, sweden, finland, holland, germany, etc...)

The idea of recieving a call for 1 euro per call seems too expensive to me. This vodafone passport option sounded good until you mentioned the 1euro flat rate per call.

As such, I feel inclined to either continue purchasing local SIMS in each country I visit (thus adding to my collection of old SIMS) or buy a world SIM (like TRAVELSIM)