View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
EChid (Offline)

Default Going to Italy, what is the best option? - 06-03-2007, 15:01

Ok, I have my unlocked ROKR E2 so I am planning on getting a prepaid SIM once I get to Italy, but I have a few questions:
1. I have heard that prepaid SIMs are now hard to buy, since a few recent terrorist activities have made use of them. Is this true? I am hoping that once I land the terminal will have plenty of options for me around the $20 Euro mark.
2. I obviously want to stay in contact with people here, but I have a few options and I don't know which is better. First of all, I could buy a calling card and give it to the person I would most often call, so they could call my number at about $0.18 cents/min (thats Canada to Italy Mobile according to callingcards.com) and I will have free incoming (as far as I know European prepaid has free incoming no matter what), or I could pick up my own calling card for calling Canada from Italy (which is far cheaper). Which is better?
3. Finally, would a calling card from a mobile phone work the same way as from a landline? In other words, if I was to use a calling card to call Canada what would be taken off my prepaid account balance? Would it be no amount, the local charge, international? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks