View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
luvinitaly (Offline)

Unhappy Sim card in Italy w/web & IM? - 14-08-2007, 05:34

Hi everyone, hope I'm posting in the correct place. I've received conflicting responses, but it seems this forum will be able to set me straight. I'll be leaving for Italy in less than 3 weeks and am looking for a sim card whether on ebay? or when I arrive in Italy that'll give me access to IM (ICQ) and surfing the web. Sorry, if this is available in FAQ, but to be honest with you, some of the things said on here is simply greek to me.

My carrier is Tmoblie and I wanted to upgrade (have no clue which one) to a phone that has WiFi, ICQ, internet. According to another site it seems like I', going to have to go through alotta red tape to set up a phone from the states to make it compatible for Italy even if it's unlocked and I get the correct sim card, and supposedly then it's not guarnteed I'll be able to use the features I NEED? Then a suggestion of buying a phone on ebay, but from what I saw, those are just standard phones without any IM, ICQ, or web access. So, is there such a sim card available? if so, does that mean I'm going to have to pay quit a bit? do a contract? I'm really at a lose

Thank you everyone! P.S. I'm from the states, the icon displays a flag other than that?