Thread: Gsm In Italy
View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
HazelGirl (Offline)
Official Member

Default 23-02-2006, 02:29

Hi all....I posted before but it's been a while.

I just found out I won a scholarship to study abroad in Sicily and was told that the program will provide a cell phone, but I may go there earlier and do some traveling and would definitely need a cell phone. Also need one for when I am leaving to go back home...just in case something happens.

Has anyone ever used this:

http://www.cellularabroad.com/italyRcell.html

I dunno if the phones they sell are good quality or even if they are unlocked...........I may just look around and try to find unlocked phones but they seem pretty reasonable. I can get family and friends to call me with Gorilla Mobile. Anyway, if y'all have any better suggestions let me know. I thought this company may be good since they claim to use the best service in Italy. why can't there be some uber cheap cell phone that i can get with a US number so people wouldnt have to pay so much to call me on my cell and also why not also include unlimted incoming calls or at least unlimited nights and weekends!!! that woudl be soooo cool if something like that was around....maybe we'll see it in the future.

in the US: AT&T
in Italy: TIM
in France: Orange