View Single Post
Old
  (#15)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-01-2014, 21:13

It seems that things have become a lot easier with TIM.

An Italian friend from London went to buy my nano-SIM before I arrived in Turin because my flight landed after the shops closed. He went with his father and they ended up registering it in his father's name, probably because they asked for proof of an Italian address. Therefore I thought I had no hope of easily changing it to my own name.

However, this morning I went into a TIM shop in Verona on my own and was expecting to be given the blank form or document which Tux kindly explained about below and to be given lots of bureaucratic tasks to complete. To my surprise, she was able to register the account into my name with just my British ID card and my signature several times. She asked whether I had an address in Italy, and I said no. After logging in to my account online, I see that she made up a codice fiscale for me and registered my address to what, according to Google Street View, appears to be a supermarket in the south of Verona. I subsequently received some survey texts from TIM, so I gave her a top score for her efficient service.

I wonder whether there is a grace period within which they can change the registered name without the consent of the original purchaser, or whether this is a permanent relaxation of policy.