View Single Post
Old
  (#24)
eieio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 22-08-2007, 17:36

To the good, smart folks here:

thank you all for being so incredible knowledgeable and helpful!

may i ask if this following course of action would make the most sense for someone who's vast majority of calls will be from the pay as you go cell to a onesuite.com 866 or local access number in order to call the USA?

Upon arrival in Vancouver, purchase from "Rogers Plus" store a Rogers SIM card ($25 with self activation, or add $15 for store assisted activation) and $40 of INITIAL TOP UP. the current "bonus" is a doubling of the initial top up value UP TO $40. Therefore, i will pay out of pocket $65 for $80 worth of calls.

$80 less 12 days at $1 per day leaves $68. $68 divided by $0.30/min = 226 Mins = roughly 3 Hours and 45 Mins of calls at 30 cents per min. (unlimited calls evenings and weekends, i'll have only 1 weekend in my 12 days there so effectively, my 3 Hours of calls will be apportioned over 12-2 = 10 days, that's only 22 mins per day). My fear is that as my itinerary is Vancouver 604/Calgary 403/Kananaskis 403/Lake Louise 403/Jasper780/Banff 403, it will get rather complicated.

changing area codes imply changing cell numbers. not changing area codes imply great cost when others call, right? though i do not expect to make many Canada to Canada calls as i do not know many people in Canada.

thanks!