Old
  (#110)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-03-2010, 18:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller View Post
Dear prepaidgsm friends,

it's a while since someone did a posting on this thread. I am working for a small hotel chain in Switzerland and we did suggest our clients (busoperators etc.) to buy a united mobile SIM for their tour guide's when staying at lake constance because you have three countries just around the corner.

With this in mind I did contact mobilkom.li today to ask if there is any news on the sim cards that I can communicate to our clients when returning to Switzerland during summer.

I have been put through to a very kind gentleman that told me, that the united mobile SIM cards are definately gone, since no one is allowed to use them any more, also the balance is gone for everyone. The more interresting part has been, that he told me, mobilkom is readying the platform for a new product that will be launched in may this year.

He did also ask me to send him my contact details as they would be very happy to have people testing the new product befor launch. He told me that the product will be ready for the market and widley spread before the summer travel season.

This is good news and I hope that I can keep you updated once I have more details about this.

BK
Sounds interesting but that said it all depends on the number range they are using for the new product.

Problem with the UM number range was that callings those number was getting so expensive and some providers even blocked calling these numbers. if that situation doesn't change I doubt that a new launch will be very succesfull.

Same problem with estonian phonenumber they are also difficult to call or expensive through voip. The Uk number still seems to be the cheapest soultion when calling these numbers and for business use when you want to give your mobile number an Uk number still looks better than a estonian or lichtenstein number